VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PROJECT FINANCE OFFICER
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT) is an NGO based in Lilongwe working on Health, Education, Women and Girls, Agriculture, and Development research. FACT envisions a developed, just society, free of poverty and human suffering. The organization exists to promote sustainable national development in all sectors of the public in Malawi, by ensuring that people are accorded the right to equitable economic, health, and education opportunities through research, social mobilization, capacity building, networking, and advocacy.
Under the Global Fund HIV/TB Epidemic Control Program (2021 – 2023), as a Sub – Sub Recipient to Christian Aid (CA) under World Vision, FACT is looking for the services of the Project Finance Officer tenable at our Offices in Area 18, Lilongwe.
The Project Finance Officer is a member of the Finance and Administration Team and is responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions relating to assigned restricted projects are recorded, tracked, and accounted for in a timely manner in line with specific procedures and policy requirements of FACT and donor rules and regulations.
The position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration Manager (DoFA)
Supervises: Finance and Administrative Assistant
- Consolidates timely projects and management financial reports related to the assigned projects in a specific format and accurate manner within strict deadlines.
- Maintains an accurate up-to-date monthly and quarterly grants disbursements schedule.
- Reviews and submits monthly bank reconciliation reports relating to all projects.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: Ensures that accounts payable and receivable for are properly reconciled and that payments and disbursements are received or made in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate coding of requisitions in conformity with reporting, donor, function, project, program, and budget requirements as per Chart of Accounts.
- Reviews travel requests and expense reports (liquidations) for the projects for accuracy and compliance.
- Reviews and monitors outstanding Staff Advances reports by paying close attention to ensure that they are liquidated per FACT policy.
- Follows up on advances that have not been settled after 15 days of issuance.
- Monitors and submits advance, commitment, and grant reports as applicable in a timely manner.
- Develops and submits project reports related to financial issues based on requirements of donor with strict deadlines.
- Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
- Prepares monthly Budget versus Actual reports and works closely with Project Officers to review reports and ensure clear and accurate budget variance justifications and prepare budget projections as needed and requested.
- Conducts regular cash flow analyses to ensure availability of funds and the accurate maintaining of bank balances
- Prepares and reviews project cost data prior to loading in QuickBooks.
- Maintains file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Implements guidelines for maintaining sub-grants and other partnership files and activities as applicable.
- Maintains proper files on grants, procurements, subcontractor documents, and modifications as applicable
- Ensure request for payments has appropriate approvals.
- Compiles backup documentation for all project-related transactions and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from a recognized institution or part of any of the following qualifications: ACCA, CPA, CIMA
Experience Required Minimum of three (3) years of general accounting experience in a reputable organization preferably a local/international NGO set up.
Minimum of two (2) years grant management experience which includes in USAID-funded projects and other complex donor-funded projects such as multilateral or bilateral funding.
- Computer literate and familiar with accounting packages on the market; QuickBooks (highly required), Microsoft Word, and Excel proficiency.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to train and supervise other finance staff on computer packages and other finance-related tasks.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications, CVs with three traceable referees, and a cover letter not later than 29th October 2021 to:
The Office Manager,
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT)
Creswell House, Near Area 18 Puma Filling Station,
P.O. Box 30407,
Or e-mail to: email@example.com