Call for Applications ; TB – HIV ONLINE ADVOCACY KNOWLEDGE SEMINAR
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT), with support from O’Neil Institute is pleased to invite applications for The TB/HIV Advocacy Knowledge Seminar. We are looking for prospective advocates who;
- Wish to make a difference in the lives of key populations and people living with TB/HIV
- Are committed to advance their knowledge and adopt tools for effective, evidence based advocacy work on TB and HIV at a local and national level
The knowledge seminar will be held on an annual basis for participants from Malawi with a view to developing a pool of advocates with expertise on TB and HIV in the country. The seminar is for a period of 5 weeks, consisting of 2 hour online weekly sessions.
The knowledge seminar will equip participants with:
- A better understanding of the national, international and regional treaties, declarations and guidelines that can be utilized to shape national responses to HIV and TB
- Guidance on how to use law, policy and research to promote an evidence based response to HIV and TB i.e. policy advocacy, development of policy documents etc.
- A better understanding on social mobilization for TB diagnostics (uptake of new tools)
- Examples of good practice in advocacy for an evidence-based response to HIV and TB in Southern Africa.
- Latest science and advancement in HIV and TB prevention and treatment and
- Project planning and management skills
- A certificate of completion
Please note that after completion of the knowledge seminars FACT will roll out advocacy initiatives with the successful participants, inline with their advocacy plans, and may provide small grants for advocacy and communication on TB/HIV. In addition, internet data will be given to the participants to attend the online sessions and to enable participants to access the weekly tutorial sessions.
The seminar comprises of the following modules:
- A 2 hour workshop on TB and HIV fundamentals: April 2022
- A 2 hour workshop on project management:
- A 2 hour workshop on HIV and TB prevention and treatment literacy:
- A 2 hour workshop on TB and HIV policies and guidelines in Malawi:
- A 2 hour workshop on TB/HIV advocacy and development of advocacy strategies:
Individuals must be affiliated with an NGO or CBO and demonstrate active engagement in TB/HIV interventions. Members of the National TB CSO Network are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply