Communications Intern Vacancy
POSITION TITLE: Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Communications Officer
LOCATION: Lilongwe, Malawi
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT), is a woman led NGO established in 2012, working in 13 districts across the country with a vision to bring about a developed, just society free from poverty and human suffering. The organization’s thematic areas are health, nutrition and environment, agriculture, education, economic development and gender, women and girls. The organization’s headquarters is based in Lilongwe, with a satellite office in Machinga. FACT therefore seeks the services of a Communications Intern, tenable at the head office in Lilongwe, on an initial contract of 6 months subject to renewal based on performance.
This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities.
Depending on skillset, this individual will assist with communications tasks including, but not limited to: writing and editing, photo and video production and editing, web and social media analytics, social media content, graphic design, media relations, digital asset management, event coordination and other communications and administrative support tasks as assigned.
Ideal candidate is a recent graduate (graduated within the past year) or an undergraduate/graduate student in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, digital filmmaking, digital media, graphic design or a development-related field.
Applicants will provide support in the following areas. As no single applicant is likely to have all of the following skills, applicants with experience in at least 2-3 of these areas, and a willingness to expand their skillset should feel comfortable applying.
- Draft and organize social media content to promote FACT blogs, videos and media coverage on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Contribute to social media quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting.
- Create and coordinate content for social media campaigns and observances
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools.
- Source content from staff around the world and at events.
- General social media planning, research, reporting and coordination as assigned.
Writing and Editing:
- Corporate bios
- Photo captions
- Project descriptions
- Press releases and media advisories
Photo, Video and Graphics:
- Edit and format photos and videos for social media and web
- Photo, video and audio editing
- Photography and videography
- Gifs, animations and graphics
- Digital asset management
- Help compile and update media contact lists
- Prepare media reports on assigned subjects
- Identify and research opportunities to share FACT stories with relevant journalists and media outlets.
- Assist with press release/media advisory writing, editing, distribution, and media outreach
- Assist with media interview scheduling and coordination
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating of photo/video shoots
Miscellaneous Communications and Administrative Support:
- Taking notes during meetings
- Create and manage PowerPoint presentations
- Report preparation for meetings and presentations
- Purchasing and expense reports
- Mail and shipping
- Event planning and coordination
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
All applications should include Curriculum vitae, application letter and be sent to;
The Office Manager
Facilitators of Community Transformation
P.O. Box 30407
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3rd February, 2022.