VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – DRIVER
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT) is seeking a local driver under the guidance and supervision of the Office Manager to provide reliable and safe driving. The Project Driver will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different cultural backgrounds. The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff of FACT. This is a full-time position tenable at our head office in Lilongwe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensures cost-saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
|Required Skills and Experience
· Minimum of a secondary school certificate. Valid Driver’s license. Defensive Driving.
· 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair. International organization/local organization experience is an added advantage.
· Fluency in English and Chichewa is required.
Applications should be addressed or hand delivered to;
The Office Manager
Facilitators of Community Transformation (FACT)
P.O Box 30407,
Applications to be received not later than 16th July 2021